What are we doing about our Fundraising?
Each member of the team going to Zambia has to raise US$1,750, which is paid directly to Habitat for Humanity Global Village. Please see the following link to see where this money goes, but it’s important to note, that this does NOT cover our airfare or other personal expenses- we’re doing other things to raise that money.. see the list below for some great ideas we’ve had so far!
Raffle for Original Oil Paintings
Artist Peggy Bell has donated 4 beautiful oil paintings that will be raffled off.
For more information about ticket sales and the draw dates see the “Artwork Gallery” page
Gift Baskets -Draw date July 30,2010
(only avail in the Calgary area)
- $500.00 value: Earl’s Restaurant on 2401 4 St SW, Calgary has donated a chef’s table.Earl’s Chef will cook signature dishes for you and 5 people including wine pairings and spirits.
- $250.00 value: $100 Gift Certificate from Escoba Bistro & Wine Bar 624 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB: $25 Gift Certificate from Janice Beaton Fine Cheese 1017 – 16 Ave SW Calgary, AB: And a wine basket with a 6 bottles of African and/ or Australian wines.
- $200.00 value: $100 GC from Divino Wine & Cheeze Bistro 113 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB: $25 gift packagect from Good Earth Cafe, 333 5 Ave SW, Calgary, AB: Wine basket with a serving tray and 4 bottles of African and/or Australian wine.
Prize can be picked up at Sheldon M Chumir Health Center, 1213 – 4th St SW, Calgary, AB
For more information contact Louisa @ email@example.com
Booties for Builds
Louisa has been doing many things to help out with the fundraising. One of the things she has been doing is Hand Sewing these cute little booties. Every one of them is an original. They are perfect for newborn babies and up to before they start to walk. Shouldn’t Every Baby Be Wearing Them! Peggy painted the picture of the little baby in blue too.
You may have to wait in line tho! There’s a big line up for them. If you would like to order a pair contact Louisa @ firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ELSE ARE WE DOING TO HELP PAY FOR OUR TRIP?
- Collecting bottles (amazing how many generous pub/restaurants there are- we made out like bandits after the Gold Olympic Hockey game)
- Sewing projects
- Raffling off oil paintings ( one of the sisters paints)
- Gift Basket raffles
- Cleaning houses
- Making wine ( and selling it, but we think that’s illegal, so we’re keeping it quiet)
- Yoga lessons-( one sister teaches yoga)
- Building our own website
- Building a Facebook Page for the “Sisterhood of the Traveling Hammers”
AND WHAT ARE OTHER PEOPLE DOING FOR US?
4916 – 49th Street, Post: 5012 57th Street, Yellowknife, NWT, X1A 1Y5 |Tel:(867 766-2881
YOGA Studio owner Judith McNicol has featured new Body Rolling, Pliates & Yoga classes where all the cost to attend the class will be donated to Katie, Peggy & Louisa’s trip. And she generously let Katie show Peggy’s Indian Lady and Baby oil painting in her studion to allow her to raffle it off. Come down and visit at Taiga Yoga Studio: http://www.taigayoga.com/
ART Studio Owners Tracy and Tony are showing Peggy’s paintings in their galleries.
The Midlake Art Studio & School
640-22 Midlake Boulevard SE, Calgary AB | Tel: 403 201 5183
Studio Hours Tues/Wed/Thurs 10:00 am – 2:00pm and 6:00pm-10:pm
The Birchwood Gallery
#26-4802-50th Ave. Yellowknife, NT| Tel: 867-873-4050
Studio Hours Mon-Sat 10:00 am – 6:00pm
Doreen Theriault-Murray helped us out with organizing the raffle held in Yellowknife, NT. We say a Big Thank You for all her help.
Donate to our personal Habitat for Humanity web pages
To donate directly to Habitat for our Zambia trip please use one of the following links that will connect you to our Personal Habitat for Humanity Global Village websites listed below:
It doesn’t matter which one of our links you donate to as Habitat will share the funds evenly between us. How nice is that!!
Our Personal Habitat sites:
SEE THE LIST OF THE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES THAT DONATED TO US ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF OUR PAGES!
SPECIAL MENTION: To Katie’s son Trevor who has built this site for us and has shown his amazing creative talents and patience in teaching his Mom & 2 Aunts how to be tech savvy! Hurray for Trev! Check out what he does at: